We are looking for an exceptional individual (or two) to join our team of Tax Specialists.
The candidate(s) should have excellent communication, organizational and customer service skills, as you will be dealing directly with clients. In addition, an understanding of business practices will be an asset.
Bilingualism is definitely an asset as our clients correspond in both French and English but for this position it is not mandatory.
You have 4+ years of experience as a Senior Tax Consultant.
Successful candidates will launch an exciting career with a growing company that’s been around for over 25 years!
You will join our Accounting Department to contribute your knowledge in the delivery of quality Tax services for our esteemed clients: both personal and corporate.
As an ambassador of VS Group, you’ll build excellent professional rapports with clientele through the delivery of accurate and innovative Tax Planning Services.
You will work with clients, filing paper and online taxes, communicate with CRA authorities etc. Maintaining excellent time management and goal setting initiatives. Identify tax risks and support other tax preparers in the team.
- Act as a subject matter expert in Canadian Income Tax
- CPA designation, preference will be given to those holding their CPA
- 4+ years of experience as a Tax Manager or similar role
- Good knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and relevant laws
- Good knowledge of tax software and MS Office
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Support tax audits from external auditors, various domestic tax authorities
- Review and assist with monthly sales tax filings
- Prepare working paper documentation and memorandums in support of analysis and findings and tax items as needed
You will be a key player within the VS Group team and it is important that we find the right candidate to fill this role. We have a great work environment and a great team and we are looking for someone who is positive, outgoing and a team player, who will complement the atmosphere we have created.
VS Group offers a number of benefits to its employees, such as opportunities for profit sharing, bonuses, health benefits, flexibility, travel, continued professional development/training and opportunity to grow.
$60,000- $85,000/year depending on demonstrated expertise and number of years of experience in this specific area.
VS Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, VS Group will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.