We are looking for an IT Support Specialist with excellent customer service skills to support staff and clients’ computer systems, hardware, software and point of sales systems. This position is heavily dependent on strong research, troubleshooting and critical thinking skills. In addition, this individual will be performing regular maintenance on systems and networks to improve office productivity and minimize downtime.
Responsibilities may include:
- Install, monitor, configure and maintain hardware, software and networks;
- Offer support, troubleshoot, diagnose and solve technical issues internally as well as for clients;
- Assist in planning and architecting deployments of new technologies or updates to current ones;
- Develop and test and Disaster Recovery Plans and ensure proper backups;
- Write training manuals, document processes and train end users;
- Occasional travel may be required for training and servicing clients.
Skills / Qualifications / Experience:
- Diploma/degree in related field or equivalent experience;
- 2+ years related experience;
- Broad range of computer hardware knowledge, including: desktops, laptops, servers, printers, iMac, MacBook, smart phones and other peripherals;
- Working knowledge of desktop and server operating systems (i.e. Windows 7, 8, 10, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012 R2, as well as Mac OSX);
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, DNS and DHCP;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, such as: Outlook, Excel, Word;
- Proven analytical, problem-solving, critical thinking, research and documentation skills;
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and execute tasks;
- Highly adaptable and self-motivated to learn new technologies;
- Exceptional customer service skills with a focus on building rapport, listening and effective questioning;
- Valid G Ontario driver’s licence.
Preference given to the following assets:
- Microsoft certifications (i.e. MCSE, MCITP, MCTS);
- Bilingual an asset (English and French);
- Knowledge of bookkeeping software (QuickBooks and Sage 50);
- Knowledge of Point of Sales systems;
- Knowledge of Tax Preparation Software;
- Experience with Hyper-V, Exchange, Group Policy and Remote Desktop Services;
- Knowledge of PowerShell, Command Prompt, Telnet, Shell;
- Experience with SharePoint and Skype for Business (Microsoft Lync);
- Experience with various other shells, utilities and CLI’s, (i.e. terminal, bash, telnet);
- Experience with relational databases (SQL Server);
- Web development knowledge (HTML, CSS, ASP.NET);
- Experience with web servers (IIS).
About the Company:
VS Group is an innovative, disruptive, business powerhouse. We value relationships, transparency and trust.
After 24 years in business, we are a fully bilingual agency with a multi-disciplinary structure of people working in the same environment. Our approach is simple, we keep our skills current and continue to successfully provide the best advice possible to our client, so they can stay ahead of the competition. We firmly believe, when our clients are successful, so are we. We are aware and in touch.
We serve diverse industries nationally and internationally and deliver top quality, best-in-class work to help our clients succeed.
We encourage, support and provide continuous training and professional development. With the diverse services we provide and a team with various skill set it makes VS Group a unique place to work with multiple option to grow and learn.
Since VS Group is truly understanding to all individual needs, we offer a flexible work schedule customized to individual situation and needs. For consistency purposes all employees are compensated hourly and not salaried. The health benefit and RRSP matching applies to all full-time employees that are scheduled to work more then 30 hours weekly after their probation period.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the skills, knowledge and desire we are looking for, please complete our online application. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest, VS Group, a fun and professional place to work with an amazing team!