Excellent Career Opportunity! Great Benefits!
We are looking for someone with experience in bookkeeping and tax preparation who wants to have an exciting career with a stable company that’s been around for over 24 years! The successful candidate will join our accounting team and be assigned clients and files to manage and overlook that suit their skill set. This position offers training and advancement for motivated individuals not to mention a great benefits package!
Bookkeeping / Administrative Clerk
The role will require you to review, assist and in some cases complete some bookkeeping both electronically and manually, including but not limited to: entering basic data on spreadsheets, recording source document receipts and invoices, reconciling bank accounts, credit card accounts, accounts receivable and payable. In addition, may also need to produce relevant reports including lists of receivables, payables, balance draft, electronic financial statements, payroll services, WSIB, etc. Typical software utilized within the firm is Sage 50, Sage 300, QuickBooks, QBO and PC Law. We are a high-level service provider for all the most commonly used software with certified individuals. For tax and year-end we utilize the complete suite of Tax Prep by CCH for T1 T2 and T3 and CCH Engagement for the completion year-end financial statements. We use technology to its full capability and like to be current and innovative. Other software includes the full line of Microsoft Suite, Telpay, Receipt Bank Dext, TSheets and more.
Since one of the main services that the company offers is personal and corporate tax services, this individual will also be responsible for assisting and preparing personal tax returns during tax season.
Skills / Qualifications / Experience:
- Telephone skills
- Listening skills
- Verbal Communication
- Customer service experience
- Bookkeeping experience
- Personal Tax Returns
- Demonstrate professionalism, confidentiality, maturity and good judgment.
- Bilingual is an asset but not mandatory;
- Assist with bookkeeping for corporations, sole proprietors and partnerships (within office and at client location);
- Provide consultations to clients on-site to assess situations and implement internal bookkeeping and computerized systems;
- Work with IT and act as a liaison with clients to implement computer and bookkeeping systems;
- Maintain files for each client;
- Assist other bookkeepers and accountants when necessary;
- Independent and group research and training to maintain up-to-date requirements for bookkeeping/accounting;
- Assist with year-end preparation;
- Prepare personal tax returns (in office) (T1);
- Attend staff meetings;
- Attend training sessions when required;
- Out of town travel may be required at times including: working on-site on client accounts, attending conferences and seminars and facilitating seminars (compensation provided as per policy).
- Maintain extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel with macro and micro formulas in order to create and manage templates;
- Become fully capable of preparation and have a full understanding of filing corporate Year Ends (T2);
- Maintain and update year-end templates and procedures as required;
- Responsible for any other duty and responsibility as assigned by management.
This position is key within the VS Group team and it is important we find the right person. We have a great work environment, great people, and are looking for someone who will enjoy the atmosphere we have created. VS Group offers several benefits to employees such as opportunities for bonuses, health benefits, retirement contribution, flexibility time paid for personal and professional development, flexible in travel arrangement, professional development, and opportunity to grow.
About the Company:
VS Group is an innovative, disruptive, business powerhouse. We value relationships, transparency and trust.
After 24 years in business, we are a fully bilingual agency with a multi-disciplinary structure of people working in the same environment. Our approach is simple, we keep our skills current and continue to successfully provide the best advice possible to our client, so they can stay ahead of the competition. We firmly believe, when our clients are successful, so are we. We are aware and in touch.
We serve diverse industries nationally and internationally and deliver top quality, best-in-class work to help our clients succeed.
We encourage, support and provide continuous training and professional development. With the diverse services we provide and a team with various skill set it makes VS Group a unique place to work with multiple option to grow and learn.
Since VS Group is truly understanding to all individual needs, we offer a flexible work schedule customised to individual situation and needs. For consistency purposes all employees are compensated hourly and not salaried. The health benefit and RRSP matching applies to all full-time employees that are scheduled to work more then 30 hours weekly after their probation period.
The hourly compensation is based on the experience and qualification a candidate may have. In this case we are looking for somebody with some level of experience and qualification. So we expect that the successful candidate will receive an offer that ranges between $20.00 to $26.00 per hour with a potential annual earning at 40hrs weekly of $41,600.00 to $54,080.00
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the skills, knowledge and desire we are looking for, please complete our online application. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest, VS Group, a fun and professional place to work with an amazing team!
“Being a part of the VS Group team has brought excitement back into my career.
It’s rare to find a place of employment where your hard work and value are noticed and truly appreciated. At VS Group I have found just that.
Every day is filled with new, challenging, and rewarding projects we all work on together as a strong dynamic team. From the minute I started the office environment has been welcoming, supportive and fun! Everyone here is so pleasant to be around, it truly makes coming to work enjoyable!”
- Leah, Graphic Designer at VS Group